Adopt Nordic WA is a non-profit movement that exists to:
for the adoption of the Nordic Approach in Western Australia.
people and decision-makers on the harms of prostitution, highlighting the strong link between the availability of prostitution and the incidences of human trafficking.
in gathering together like-minded people and organisations already doing great work locally and abroad in supporting individuals who are victims of prostitution and of human trafficking.
We live in a world in which:
- An estimated 35.8 million people are forced to live in slavery.
- Human beings are bought and sold like commodities and it is often the most vulnerable who are victimised.
- Millions of victims of prostitution and human trafficking live in the pain of physical and emotional abuse and isolation. Creating a legalised prostitution industry has not helped reduce these harms; in fact it has done the opposite.
We believe in a world in which:
- Each human being knows their inherent dignity and value.
- No person is bought or sold; men and women’s bodies are not traded as commodities.
- The dominant culture is changed and men no longer accept that purchasing women for sex is okay.
- Victims of prostitution are supported; not criminalised nor stigmatised.
- People are hopeful enough to believe that the evils of human sex trafficking and modern day slavery can be defeated.